About Me

My photo
I am a gamer, an artist and a hobbyist video game designer. When I'm not doodling one resource or another, I love to read books, make paper crafts (cards) and bake yummy goodies.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Progress Update: Week I-lost-count


I am very tired, but I haven't updated the blog for a while and I didn't want anyone thinking that TUAH is on a hiatus. I've really had very little free time due to work and other miscellaneous errands, so I've spent all of it doing work on chapter 3.

Here are some things I've done so far:
- Finalized the design for one of the party members you meet in chapter 3. He's gone through a lot of changes, and I'm looking forward to sharing the process once you've met him.
- Fixed up some face sets. I noticed that certain faces had a much lower quality than the RTP - mainly stray pixels.
- Did the dreaded database work and animation setting for some of the skills that haven't been encountered yet.
- Started coding the main and side quests.

There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm slowly getting there. I'm also contemplating releasing just a partial chapter, as its length is probably more than chapter 1 and 2 combined. I'll keep you updated on  the decision!

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed playing chapters 1 & 2. I am one of those dreaded casual players and thought the storyline was wonderful and did not get bored or frustrated with any aspect of it which has led to me failing to complete many other rpgmaker games. So, I am willing to wait for as long as it takes to see the next chapter whether it comes as a whole or a half :)

    Thank you for making such a great game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your comment.

    At least a part of my intended audience is casual players or players who are new-er to RPGs. It's really wonderful to hear that TUAH is, so far, appealing and fun.

    I'm hoping to slowly increase the difficulty and pacing with a natural progression that gives you time to learn. I'm also designing (and redesigning!) encounters and puzzles to adapt to different styles of play. Little things like turning on and off encounters, possibility to skip puzzles and rewards for exploring are all on my list of features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Luna! You've done fantastic work so far, and I think that even though your schedule is crazy busy you'll be able to finish TUAH :) I like how the stone floor blends into the dirt one in the above screenshot. The glowing lights look great too!

    ReplyDelete