I have not had a lot of time to do any game development lately.
I am still slowly working on TUAH, though it's going at a snail's pace. I've been chatting with some of you about possibly transferring it over to Ace. It would be a huge setback and it would really require a ton of work. But it should allow me to make future updates much faster! So, I'm very much on the fence about it. Almost all of the scripts I was using are either translated or have an equivalent script available already. The database will be a giant pain, of course, but a huge chunk of it will be very simple thanks to traits and custom formulas.
I'm happy to say that I have finished a total of 14 maps for
the side project (3 whole areas). Since Ace has unlimited tilesets, I'm
just going to stick with primarily tileset mapping, and it's much
faster. Once the tilesets are set up, that is. At this rate, all the
maps I'm planning for the demo should be completed within a month. I'm a
bit amazed at this, to be honest, because it took me a solid 4-6 months
of mapping to have the same amount done in parallax for VX.
I've felt tempted to make this side thing my main project for now (which is sort of how I ended up working on TUAH in the first place), but I don't want to disappoint anyone by putting TUAH on hiatus. So, I'm spending roughly the same amount of time on either project for now. We'll see how long that will last!