What I've done:
- Created a concept map for one of the temples:
Special thanks to PandaMaru for creating the awesome logo.There's still things that need to be changed about it, such as the water flowing on the two towers. That part will have to be drawn from scratch, however, as I can't really edit it from the RTP. Or maybe I'm just going about it the wrong way. In any case, that temple should be pretty fun to explore.
- Changed the iconset.
It doesn't sound like much, but there were a good 40 places that needed to be reconfigured and re-updated. I've still got to reconfigure a couple more scripts that use icons. I will not be changing the iconset again, trust me.
- Started converting some RTP sprites to the new template:
- Finalized the concepts for all the playable characters, readjusted their back story and started databasing the skills and weapons.
- Went through the game script again, just to make sure it's the final version that I will not deviate from. Also decided that even if an amazing new maker comes out that practically makes the game for me, I will not be switching engines again.
- I may have also spent a fair amount of time whining about how much work it is to port everything over to Ace and redo stuff like the database. I hate databasing with a passion.
And to kill two birds with one stone, here is Thursday's resource release:
Terms: Free for non-commercial use in any RPG Maker program.
Do not repost/redistribute! Link to this blog post instead.